Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Great Gatsby:D GATSBYYY!!!!




My Impression of Gatsby so far throughout the book is that he is kind of awkward. I feel he does not know what true happiness is or what true love is. I feel in the beginning s of the book Gatsby was mysterious, old, and shady, But now from reading chapters 5 and 6 Gatsby seems like he is just a person that never experienced true love and wants to do everything for his love Daisy. I think Gatsby is putting a lot of thought into what he is doing but doesn’t know the difference between love and money. I feel Gatsby is having a hard time communicating with Daisy because they are so different and I feel communication is very important in a relationship.

My opinions on these quotes…

"There's the kind of man you'd like to take home and introduce to your mother and sister." (pg. 72)
I think this quote describes Gatsby in a way since he is so rich that people would love to have them introduce to their family because most people think if you are rich you will never go wrong.

"Gatsby bought that house so that Daisy would be just across the bay." (pg. 78)
This quote describes how Gatsby changed and wanted to be closer with daisy. I feel he just wanted to communicate with her and talk to her so he moved next to her because his feeling for her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment